Below is our estimate timeline for the transition to Canvas. As the project progresses, items may be adjusted and details will be added.
Decision made to replace Blackboard as FSCJ's Learning Management System with Canvas. Project planning begins.
- Transition Team meets monthly on focused topics to create and refine business practices
- Technical implementation IN PROGRESS
- Canvas on-site visit
- Authentication working for those who have manually created accounts
- Meetings with Academic Departments for requirements gathering
- Sub-account structure design in process
- Basic Training course created and shared with Transition Team Members and Training Department
- Canvas instance branded for FSCJ and canvas.fscj.edu URL created
Scheduled for Jan:
- Training made available to all faculty, admin, and support staff
- System available for faculty access
- Open call for Early Adopters who will teach in Summer 2019 term
- First communications planned to inform students of the transition to Canvas
- Faculty may begin course migration
- Support Sessions scheduled throughout term
- First opportunity to begin teaching first live courses in Canvas
- Training and communications continue
- All courses now loaded and taught live in Canvas!
- Support Sessions and training continue - with shifted focus to instruction
- Tier 1 Support available 24/7 provided by Canvas for all faculty, staff, and students
Final term of Blackboard availability for the purposes of course archive and incomplete resolution
Blackboard contract ends and is no longer available.