Here’s a recent Canvas tip that was sent in from Instructional Program Manager, Dr. Jeff Smith. We love to learn from our users - and this one was simply too fun not to share!
I’ve added giphy videos (giphy.com) to the Canvas Dashboard for my courses. Here are the steps:
1. Find a giphy that you wish to use. They are searchable by keyword. Save the video to your desktop by right-clicking the desired giphy and Save Image as…
2. Go to the course that you wish to add the giphy to and choose Settings from the left menu.
3. Select “Choose Image” from the Image heading under Course Details.
4. Navigate to the giphy file that you saved to the desktop and choose it.
5. Hit the Update Course Details at the bottom of the Settings pane and your image will appear with a colored overlay on the Dashboard. You can remove the colored overlay in the upper right corner by selecting the 3 vertical dots and deselecting Color Overlay.